Are you planning a roof replacement project? The papers could indicate that your roof needs replacement and it would not be wise to delay the project. The damage to the roof will only get bigger and more repetitive. It would be wise to replace the roof and you can always call Garcia Roofing to execute the project. Such a project requires professional expertise and you are better off seeking the services of a renowned team.
One of the key aspects of the job execution will be to understand the timeline for the project. During project execution, there will be noise and that could impact any sensitive family member. This is the reason you would perhaps want to know the timeline and it could vary. A roof can be replaced in a day and at times could take three to five days. Plenty of factors can impact the timeline of the replacement project and here are the details.
The materials you choose for the roof replacement project will certainly have an impact on its timeline. Here are some of the popular roofing materials and let us understand the timeline they could take for installation.
- Asphalt shingles are the easiest to install and it could take in the range of 1 to 3 days.
- The installation of wood shakes could take anything in the range of 3 to 8 days
- It could take about a week to install slate roofs.
- For the use of concrete tiles as roofing material, the installation could take in the range of 8 to 9 days.
This is another factor to consider as you try to understand the timeline for a roof replacement project. If your roof size is small, the installation work can be completed within a day. On the contrary, if you have a bigger roof, it could several days to complete flawless installation work.
The roof replacement method should also be a determining factor as you try to understand the timeline for your project. There are two popular methods of roof replacement and here are the details.
- You can plan a re-roofing and the project is about installing new shingles on top of the damaged ones. This is the quicker method and also a budget option.
- The second alternative is to tear down every shingle and completely replace them with new ones. This process should take a lot more time and scale up the costs.
Considering these two methods, you would be tempted to go for the first option because of the less time factor & budget. However, there is a major drawback to the re-roofing method and you can only plan this method once. You will eventually have to execute the second option. The re-roofing method is only a temporary stop-gap arrangement if there are financial concerns, for the roof replacement. You will eventually have to tear down every shingle and go for a fresh installation.
Other Factors That Can Impact The Project Timeline:
Other external factors can impact the project timeline and before starting work, you must know the detail.
- The weather pattern can always impact the timeline of a roof replacement project. The task should be carried out in fine sunny weather. Suddenly if the contractor has to deal with a storm, it will delay the work.
- Your home layout could also create challenges for the team that will be replacing your roof. You could speak to them in this regard.
These are the factors that could impact the timeline for a roof replacement project. However, with an experienced contractor executing your project, the work should be over in a quick time. You should be proud of your brand-new roof.