In addition to treating male infertility, urologists are doctors who have received training in the surgical and medical management of diseases of the genitourinary tract, which includes the kidneys, adrenal glands, urinary bladder, ureters (muscles that carry urine from the kidney to bladder), and urethra (the tube that empties urine from the bladder out of the body). Visit the best urologist in punjab for the best treatment, that too at an affordable price.
When to visit a urologist?
Mostly it depends upon the symptoms. Urologists serve both men and women of all ages, despite the fact that they are typically associated with men. Pediatric urologists are experts in treating kids.
If you experience urinary problems such as incontinence, difficulty urinating, kidney stones, or a kidney obstruction, you should think about consulting a urologist (hematuria).
- Others maybe:
- Kidney cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Penile cancer
- Erectile dysfunction
- Pain during intercourse for women
- Pelvic floor conditions.
What can you expect from your visit at the urologist?
- Every urologist visit includes a questionnaire to help determine the severity of your condition.
- You will be asked to “rate” things on the surveys, such as lower urinary tract problems, incontinence, and/or sexual wellness.
- If (and when) you experience incontinence, you can also keep a “voiding diary” to record the times and amounts of pee.
Give a detailed account of your medical history and current medications:
- As soon as you walk into the examination room, a staff member will inquire about your medical history. Your genitourinary system and any underlying issues will be their main concern.
- These are typical urologic problems that doctors encounter and deal with on a daily basis. Nothing should be embarrassed of.
- Additionally, be prepared to offer a thorough inventory of all the prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements you take. Bring all of your prescriptions with you if you fear that you might forget their names.
The urologist will do a physical examination focused on the genitourinary system and also assess other systems. In order to evaluate the prostate, the doctor will conduct both a genital examination and a digital rectal exam.
Make sure that you have drunk much water as you might be giving a urine sample. The ability to hold urine in may be compromised by a variety of urological diseases. Therefore, let the office staff know that you are prepared to deliver a specimen when you come.
A treatment plan:
After the examination, the urologist will talk to you about a treatment plan to figure out what is going on. Additional testing will typically be required, either at this visit or, more frequently, at a subsequent visit. The urologist might wish to perform blood workups, evaluate kidney function, or measure testosterone or PSA levels.
It can be tough to talk about your private stuff to the doctor, but there is nothing to be ashamed of. It would be better for you to speak about these things than to suffer their disparities. The best Urologist in Ludhiana would be the place to visit in this case.