Urdhva Mukha Svanasana, also known as Upward-Facing Dog Pose in English, is a combination of 4 words. The four words i.e. Urdhva, Mukha, Shravan, and Asana. If we talk about meaning, then Urdhva means upwards, while Mukha means face, Shravan means dog and Asana here means posture. By doing this yoga, problems related to the spine are removed. At the same time, there is strength in the arm and in the wrist of the people. Today’s article is on this topic. Today, through this article, we will tell you what is the way to do Urdhva Mukha Shvanasana (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana steps). Also, what are the health benefits of doing the asana (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana benefits)? Join the 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh for the best in your career & health.
How to do vertical breathing:
First of all, lay a mat on the ground and lie down on your stomach. Now keep your feet and hands in a straight line. The toes of your feet should be facing upwards and not on the ground. During this, keep taking long deep breaths. Bend your arms and with the help of hands lift your chest slightly. Keep in mind that you should be slightly on the ground and your eyes should be towards the front. Now with the help of hands, raise your head also and leave the weight of the body on the palms and sides of the feet. Try to bend your back as much as you can while emphasizing the palms and your wrists, shoulders should be straight. Now look in the front and take a long deep breath. Now stay in this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Then take your eyes away from the front and move them up towards the ceiling. Now fix the time according to your capacity and when your capacity is complete, slowly leave the breath, keep your body on the ground and also bring your head to the old position.
Note – Whenever you lie on the ground, make a position of Makarasan. Keep in mind that your hands should be near the chest. Your legs should be straight and should be close to the ground. And arms should be straight as you lift your chest. Your breathing rate should be normal.
Precautions to be taken:
- Note that when you do this asana, your arms and elbows should be straight.
- While doing this asana, bend your back only as much as you are able to bend, do not put too much emphasis on your ability.
- Your toes and toes should not be turned inwards.
- The movement of the neck is very important. In such a situation, once in front of the neck, once again take the neck towards the ceiling.
- This asana should not be done during pregnancy.
- If you are suffering from rheumatism, which is a problem related to heart disease or high BP, then avoid doing this asana.
- Do not do this asana even if your wrist is hurt or the shoulders and arms are damaged.
Benefits of doing vertical breathing:
- By doing this asana, the spine becomes strong and it becomes flexible.
- This posture strengthens not only the abdominal muscles but also the muscles of the legs.
- Due to this, the digestive system becomes healthy.
- If you feel lazy and tired all the time, then by doing this asana, the problem also goes away.
- Due to corona, people who are working from home often get stiff. In such a situation, you can use this asana to overcome this problem.
- Asthma patients can reduce their problems by doing this asana.
- Along with the wrists and hands, the shoulders and arms also get stronger with the stretch.
Note – The points mentioned above show that Urdhvmukha Svanasana is very useful for health. In such a situation, by adopting the methods given here, you can easily do this asana. But keep in mind that you do not put too much emphasis on your ability.