Have you got your name misspelled on the United flight ticket? Or are you wondering how to tackle this puzzling situation? Don’t worry; you are on the safe side with United Airlines. According to the United Airlines name change policy, passengers can easily correct or change the misspelled name. Remember you must correct it before the scheduled departure. You can follow this blog if you have a United Airlines misspelled name on ticket while booking the flight. This blog will explore all the methods to correct your misspelled name. Also, you will learn about a significant service, “United Upgrade List,” the airlines offer.
Understanding the United Airlines Name Correction Eligibility Criteria
United Airlines doesn’t accept a name correction/change request instead of changing a traveler’s name for another. To alter a United Airlines misspelled name on ticket, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Flights should be operated entirely by United Airlines, and passengers can request name corrections for only United’s segments.
- The United Airlines does not allow name correction after completing the check-in procedure.
- The ticket listing should start with code 016.
- Passengers can reissue only one ticket for editing names on the flights.
- United Airlines permits only minor name corrections during travel as long as the ticketed name matches the government-authorized ID.
- Passengers can’t change their gender and date of birth when requesting a name change/correction on a United Airlines ticket.
Note: United Airlines permits only one name correction for each passenger, and the other changes are subject to the passenger name change policy. Remember that under the United Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy, you can cancel your ticket and rebook a new one with the correct name.
How to Request a Name Correction with United Airlines?
You can correct/change a United Airlines misspelled name on ticket online using the United Airlines Manage tab. Walk through the following methods to request a name correction with United Airlines.
Name Correction Through Website (Online)
- Firstly, head to the United Airlines website and hit the “My Trip” tab at the top navigation bar.
- Then, you should specify your six-digit confirmation code and tap on the Search icon to access your booking.
- Next, locate and select the “Name Correction” option to proceed.
- After this, follow the instructions visible on your screen to initiate the correction request. This may require providing the correct name or the essential documentation.
- Now, check your provided details and confirm their validity before submitting your request.
- That’s all; you have successfully submitted the name correction request.
Name Correction via Customer Service
- You can contact the United Airlines support team over the phone.
- Discuss your situation with the airline’s representative and tell them you want to correct a United Airlines misspelled name on ticket.
- Submit the vital details, like the ticket number, booking confirmation code, and currency name on your flight ticket.
- State your reason for the name correction, whether it’s an incorrect spelling or a legal name change.
- Submit the essential documents like the driver’s license or passport.
- Once the airlines process your request, the representative will inform you about the result and further instructions you may have to follow.
Now that you have successfully corrected your name on the United Airlines ticket, it’s time for you to learn about an amazing service called “United Upgrade List” offered by United Airlines. In this next section, we will cover the United upgrade list in detail and also how to get on United upgrade list.
About United Upgrade List
United Airlines provides its passengers with a great flying experience for their destination. One can check the updated travel details and discounts on the airline’s official website or mobile app. Every traveler wants a luxurious first-class experience and comfort when on the journey. For passengers who book their flight in the economy or any other lower travel class, United Airlines provides the service to upgrade their seats for more comfort. You must utilize your Mileage Plus subscription to be on the United upgrade list. Continue reading the blog to learn how you can get on the United Airlines upgrade list.
How to Get on United Upgrade List?
Once you understand the United upgrade list, you can move forward to request the same online. Follow these simple steps to get on the list.
- To begin, you should visit the United Airlines website.
- Then, hit the “Sign-In” tab and enter your United Mileage Plus account using the credentials.
- Next, you will see the information where you can input the flight search criteria to obtain the relevant list.
- You must pick the get an upgrade option from the available dropdown menu.
- After this, you can choose the travel class to upgrade the seat.
- Once you tap the search icon, a list of seats will appear for the upgrade.
- From the available seat map, you can choose the desired seats and move ahead.
- Before finalizing your request, you must check the information you have provided so far and place a waitlist.
- Once you complete the process, United Airlines will notify you.
If you want to avoid going through the lengthy online procedure, there is another way to request the airline for the upgrade list. You can reach United Airlines customer services using their contact number available on the official website. They will guide you through the process and provide the available seats for the travel class.
The above blog must have helped you understand how to correct a United Airlines misspelled name on ticket and how to get on United upgrade list. For more, you can visit United Airlines and contact the support team. But if you still have doubts, or need urgent help, dial +1-800-865-1848.
Also Read: Cabin Crew Course in Dubai