Huge equipment used for excavating and digging up a well is termed a welling rig. Water is a basic requirement and often wells need to be dug up to fulfil this need. However, before digging up a well the stratigraphy, hole size to be made and the depth required have to be considered to decide upon the type of drilling rig needed – a small water well drilling rig or a large one. While there are different ways to select the drilling machine required for your purpose, here are a few tips to choose the best boring machine for water wells:
- Efficiency in Drilling: Drilling efficiency is decided by the formation, experience, method chosen for penetrating the surface, skill as well as the type of drilling machine selected for the task. Once you have identified the type of surface – rocky, muddy clayey, or any other, you are able to decide on the appropriate boring equipment for the task. There are drills for operating in reverse circulation, sandy conditions, and even down-hole.
- Cost of the Machine: A key factor in selecting a suitable machine is the price attached to the equipment. As it is a one-time investment, it must be decided based on your requirements and budget. While there is a choice of buying a multi-purpose rig, the costs would vary accordingly. Similarly, the mobility of the drilling equipment is another factor to be considered while putting a price on a rig, since a truck-mounted machine would cost more.
- Cost of Operating: The operational cost can significantly impact the profit earned. After deduction of salaries, casing, mud and fuel costs, and other sundry expenses, the net profit must be substantial to continue in the business. If the type of drilling machine that you have chosen proves to be expensive to operate, it is time to reconsider and perhaps make a change.
- Method of Drilling: One of the most relevant factors to consider while selecting the drilling machine is the method of drilling to be used. There are mainly two methods to drill: Direct Circulation using a drill pipe to pass drilling fluid and Reverse Circulation Drilling requiring a double-walled drill pipe. While the method of drilling is decided based on the surface and other conditions, it is imperative to know the right kind of machine for that particular task.
- Availability of spare parts: Since drilling and rigging machines often need to undergo repairs and change of parts and thus add to the operating costs, it is necessary to choose equipment for which spare parts are readily available. The cost of operating the machine should not exceed the benefits that you derive from running it.
While these are some of the basics to be kept in mind while selecting a drilling rig, it is important to know the market water well drilling rig prices to make a competitive deal. Whatever equipment you choose, it must be used properly to give the best output and serve you for a long time along with fulfilling the purpose of buying it.