There is always a strong force protecting something really sensitive, for example, the spikes of the porcupine protect the porcupine from predators because the meat of the porcupine is soft and tasty the same is for the skeletal system of the body. The major function of the skeletal system is to protect the delicate organs of the body.
The rib cage protects the lungs and the heart, the pelvic region protects the reproductive organs and the cranium protects the brain, the skeletal system as a whole gives shape, strength and structure to the body and also aids in muscular coordination.
FUNCTIONS OF THE SKELETAL SYSTEM
- The skeletal system or the bones consists of the bone marrow which is primarily made up of phosphorus which is responsible for the production of red blood cells.
- The skeletal system is a storehouse of calcium in the body, the major cause of calcium deficiency is when a person consumes too much acidic food then the calcium from the bones will be pulled down to the stomach to make the stomach alkaline which can result in bone-related issues.
- The skeletal system connects the muscles and the tissues so that the same is helpful in muscular coordination and also makes the parts of the body mobile.
SYMPTOMS THAT YOUR SKELETAL SYSTEM NEEDS HELP
- ACHING AND STIFFNESS: Aching and stiffness can be an indicator of reduced bone mineral density and also that the mobility of the bones has been reduced over time, also when the bones tend to develop a swelling within their structure that is when they may develop a sense of stiffness and aches at various places and also prove to be a problem while moving the body.
- BURNING SENSATION IN THE MUSCLES – When there is a burning sensation in the muscles or an ache in the muscles while walking or difficulty in moving, the bones and the muscles are two different aspects of the same body hence if there is a burning sensation in the muscles it can indicate a problem in the bones because both are interrelated.
- PAIN WORSENING WITH MOVEMENT –One of the most popular orthopaedic surgeons in Ludhiana rightly explains “ If the pain in the muscles is worsening with the movement of the bones and the muscles then there is an indication that there is a serious problem within the integral structure of the body’s framework. Ideally, the pain should subside with the consultation of the physician but even if after dietary supplements and medicines the pain does not subside with time, then with the advice of the physician we can opt for an ultrasound or a CT scan to detect the degree of damage that has been done”.
- SWELLING OR ACCESS IN THE BONES – If the skeletal structure or the bones have tended to swell up with a foul smell accompanied in one of the places this might be an indication of an infection within the skeletal structure.
You should consider the best orthopedic hospital in Ludhiana i.e., Kalyan Hospital if you’re suffering from these issues and want the perfect treatment.