Imagine this: your business becomes a high-speed train, racing towards triumph on the Salesforce tracks. But here’s the twist – the conductor driving this train isn’t just anyone; a skilled Salesforce developer holds the map to your destination: unparalleled efficiency, growth, and customer satisfaction.
Welcome to the realm where the right Salesforce developer isn’t just an asset; they’re the secret ingredient that turns your CRM dreams into reality.
We’re diving headfirst into the significance of nailing your Salesforce developer selection. We’re talking about more than just scrolling through resumes; it’s about decoding the magic behind the lines, understanding the nuances of their skills, and ensuring they’re the perfect fit for your unique business puzzle.
But how do you decipher this skill puzzle? Fear not, as we’re about to hand you the master key: the art of asking the right questions. You’ll uncover how these queries unveil hidden talents, separate the seasoned from the amateurs, and set your project on the pathway to triumph.
We’ll cover the importance of this pivotal hiring decision, the Salesforce developer interview questions that reveal the true gems, and provide an overview of what lies ahead in this illuminating article. Ready to find your Salesforce maestro?
1. Technical Questions
Assessing a candidate’s technical proficiency during a job interview can pose a considerable challenge. Most of the technical proficiencies are gained by experience, qualifications, or certifications. Among these skills, some are genuine, honest, and true, but on another side, some have been listed to be shortlisted.
However, what’s better than asking some interview questions of a Salesforce developer to check their technical proficiency.
Here are a few Salesforce technical questions you could ask your candidates.
- Write a condition based to prevent duplication of contacts on the basis of name and email.
- Write an SOQl query to fetch the opportunity with the second highest amount.
- What is Asynchronous APEX?
- How many types of decorators do we have in LWC (Lightening Web Components)?
- What is the difference between WIRE and Imperative methods?
- What are named credentials? Why do we use it?
- Differentiate profile and role?
- What are wildcards in SOQL?
- What is the lifecycle hook of LWC?
- What is the order of execution?
- What are the best practices to write a trigger?
- How do we establish communication between components in LWC?
2. Behavioral Questions
You should consider behavioral tests apart from the technical prowess of a candidate for Salesforce developer. As a Salesforce developer, it’s crucial to understand how the candidate can handle real-world situations.
So by asking behavioral based Salesforce developer interview questions, you can test their problem-solving, coachability, solution-oriented, and adaptability skills.
We have listed a few questions that you can ask your candidate while interviewing for Salesforce developer such as:
- What is the best approach you follow while handling the errors?
- Describe a situation where you had to work closely with a non-technical stakeholder to gather requirements for a Salesforce customization.
- How did you ensure clear communication and understanding?
- How does your team handle working with multiple tasks and requirements?
- Tell me about a Salesforce project that required you to work within tight deadlines. How did you manage your time and prioritize tasks to meet the project goals?
- Can you provide an example of a Salesforce-related conflict you encountered within your team? How did you resolve it while maintaining a positive working relationship?
3. Scenario based questions
In Salesforce development, tackling complex scenarios is a hallmark of a skilled developer. A developer’s proficiency extends beyond syntax when confronted with challenges like data migrations from external systems, performance bottlenecks, or crafting custom functionalities that cater to unique business needs. These situations demand a holistic understanding of the Salesforce ecosystem, strategic problem-solving, and adaptability to ensure optimal outcomes.
Here are a few Salesforce developer interview questions based on realistic situations that you can ask to evaluate candidates’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Give me a scenario where you will be using batch class and where you will be using Queueable class.
- What will happen if a class is not declared with “With sharing” or “Without sharing” and it gets called from another class which is declared with “With sharing”?\
- We have more than 50 VF pages. Now we want to convert them into LWC. What will be the best approach that you will follow?
- Suppose there are multiple fields in a form. How will you ensure that the user will enter the correct data?
- Suppose you need to update a field when a record is inserted so according to the scenario which method will you follow?
- Suppose there are two users with the same profile and on the profile you have leads create, update permissions. But to the second user, you have to grant permission to create and update leads.without changing the profile. How will you approach the solutions
As you journey through the fast-paced world of Salesforce development in 2024, remember that your team’s success hinges on the right people. Crafting the ideal team involves more than technical know-how; it requires a nuanced understanding of a candidate’s problem-solving finesse, adaptability, and collaborative spirit.
By seamlessly blending technical, scenario-based, and behavioral questions, you’re not just conducting an interview but orchestrating a symphony of insights.
So, ask the technical queries that delve deep, the scenario-based riddles that unveil strategic thinking, and the behavioral anecdotes that lay bare a candidate’s true essence.
In doing so, you’re poised to welcome aboard Salesforce developers who’ll thrive amidst challenges, pioneer innovations, and merge seamlessly within your dynamic team.
Remember, it’s not just about the interview questions; it’s about shaping the future of your Salesforce endeavors with the perfect answers.