Some studies have found that 20-30% of men have suffered from premature ejaculation at certain age during their active sexual life. it might make you and your partner feel dissatisfied with the quality of your sexual experience. However, there are some remedies, medications, and exercise for Premature Ejaculation. You can find home remedies and some of the best exercises for PE, which will help to prolong the duration before ejaculating effectively.
Premature ejaculation occurs when the release of semen (ejaculation) takes place immediately during sexual intercourse with minimum or no stimulation before it has been expected. It is also known as,
- Rapid ejaculation
- Early ejaculation ‘
- Early climax
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
Earlier, it was considered that premature ejaculation is caused due to some psychological disorder. Advanced studies and research have proved there are a number of other causes that were previously unexplored that can also be responsible. The different causes consist of:
- Anxiety about performance
- Troubled relationships
- Feeling of guilt
- Past sexual experiences
Physical and other causes
- Chemical imbalance: low levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, which results in the rising of feelings like excitement and arousal.
- Hormonal imbalance: inadequate secretion of male sex hormone testosterone and other hormones like Luteinizing hormone (LH), Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). They are vital for sexual activities.
- Erectile dysfunction
- Neurological issues
- Side effects of any medicines
Different remedies to cure Premature Ejaculation
There are various different kinds and methods of treatments for premature ejaculation. It can be treated with visible results, combining counselling, behavioural therapies, and medications. Underlying causes like erectile dysfunction (impotency), neurological disorder, and weak pelvic muscle strength should be treated to eradicate the effects of untimely ejaculation.
If any psychological or emotional issues like stress, depression, performance anxiety, or relationship problems are causing hindrances for you to achieve sexual pleasure, you should seek professional help. Your urologist can guide you to consult any psychologist, sex therapist, or psychiatrist. Counselling is often done together with both partners to understand and resolve if there is any issue underlying in their relationship.
involves the incorporation of different techniques to control and delay the climax, thus prolonging the period of copulation. The goal of these techniques is to teach you to control your body and sensations. Some of the methods are:
- Squeeze Therapy: you or your partner stimulate the penis until it reaches the climax but not letting the semen gush out. Rather, they need to keep the end squeezed for about 20-30 seconds until it starts losing the erection. Repeat this technique consecutively for a few times before allowing yourself to ejaculate. This technique trains you to gain control over the time when you attain your orgasm.
- Start and pause: in this technique, you or your partner need to stimulate the penis close to attaining climax, then stop the stimulation for some seconds to regain the sensations and control the response. Hence, like the previous one, you need to repeat this method a few times before letting yourself orgasm and continue to practice till you learn to control the sensations.
- Zinc supplements help to increase testosterone, which proves to surge the libido. Hence assisting in delaying the rapid ejaculation unexpectedly.
- Magnesium is very important for healthy sperm production. Studies have shown low magnesium contributes to premature ejaculation by increasing certain muscle contractions needed for orgasm.
There are several over-the-counter topical gels and creams available in the market. These are usually anaesthetic products that treat premature ejaculation by numbing the penis and reducing the sensations. The de-sensitization creams need to be applied 10-15 minutes and wiped off after a few minutes before intercourse, or it will also affect the partner, numbing the sensations. The main ingredients of these products are lidocaine or prilocaine.
- Antidepressants: your doctor can prescribe some antidepressants like citalopram, escitalopram, and sertraline, also called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). They help to boost serotonin and dopamine secretion, which helps to uplift mood and induce happy feelings. Also, tricyclic antidepressants like Anafranil are recommended besides this; it shows a positive response towards delaying premature ejaculation.
- Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor: some examples of PDE5 are sildenafil, tadalafil, avanafil, and vardenafil. These medicines are used to treat premature ejaculation in those for whom erectile dysfunction is an underlying cause of the disorder.
Pelvic floor exercises
Research has shown that pelvic floor exercises can help men suffering from premature ejaculation. Toning and strengthening of pelvic muscles help to control the sensations and reflexes, thus maintaining the time when you wish to ejaculate. Practising regular Kegel exercises is a great option to cure premature ejaculation beginning from your home.
As much as premature ejaculation has become a matter of distress for a greater population of men, now it is also easier and more convenient to find a cure for the condition. A mindful consultation with your urologist and your persistence will ensure a positive impact on your sexual health.