If you are a Quickbooks user, you heard about the Quickbooks conversion tool at least once. The main work of this conversion tool is to convert the company files from another program. Of all the tools and features that are present in Quickbooks, the Quickbooks conversion tool is one of the most useful tools. This solution often enables users to convert the business from a wide variety of programs. Using this program, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 18.0 can be converted from QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks Desktop Premier to QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2018 or Pro 2018. You can complete the process with the tool’s assistance without compromising the security of your data in any way. Quickbooks tool hub contains all the tools, Quickbooks conversion tool is also present in the QuickBooks tool hub after download.
In short words, the Quickbooks conversion tool converts the company file from one program to another. In this article, we will discuss the Quickbooks conversion tool process to download and use it. This article going to add some value to your work, so carefully read the article till the end.
What is the Quickbooks conversion tool?
As you know Quickbooks desktop includes a variety of features and tools, and Quickbooks conversion tool is one of them. After using this tool you can convert company files from a plethora of different programs. The best thing about using this is that it completes all sorts of conversion tasks, without worrying about their complexity and without any compromising of security. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 18.0 can be converted from QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks Desktop Premier to QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2018 or Pro 2018.
What it can convert?
- Customer and vendor transactions
- Account balance
- Account, Employee, item, Customer, and vendor lists
- Employee profile and contact information
- Payroll general ledger account balance info
- Paychecks (converted as journal entries)
What can’t be converted?
- Transactions related to payroll and employee year-to-date data (payroll, year-to-date adjustments).
- Tickets for work
- Fixed Assets
- Information about the wages or deductions of certain employees.
- Estimates, Purchase orders, and Sales orders that have been fully or partially closed.
Additionally, you should be aware that you can only convert Sage 50 and QuickBooks desktop versions from the same region. You might need to switch from your US edition of Sage 50 to a US version of QuickBooks desktop.
Benefits of Quickbooks conversion tool
The QuickBooks converting tool has outstanding capabilities and functionalities, as we already discussed. Some benefits are written below:
- This tool enables the setting of the QuickBooks file conversion process.
- If the conversion tool doesn’t alter the current or existing data files, that is another benefit of this program.
- Additionally, this will aid in understanding how the firm is currently doing.
- Typically, the program imports data from the newly created QuickBooks firm.
- After the sole purpose of keeping the records organized, this tool generates a log after each conversion.
- There is a selection for the imports list. This makes it easier to list historical transactions and plus/minus balances all at once.
- If the tool makes sure that there are no potential risks in data security at the moment of conversion.
System requirements for the Quickbooks conversion tool
It is crucial to determine whether your system is compatible with the QuickBooks conversion tool before you begin. In order to utilize the conversion tool, a user must adhere to a set of system prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 8 windows are required.
- 500 MHz processor Pentium II from Intel
- Storage: 512 MB
- Hard drive free space of 2.5 GB.
- Version 2.0 of the Microsoft.NET framework is the newest.
- Pro, Premier, or Enterprise QuickBooks Desktop 2018.
- Sage 50: 2013 and later versions.
- The operating system should be either Windows 7, 8, or 10, or Windows Vista, Windows XP, it should be highlighted.
- Installation of the.NET 2.0 framework is required.
- Ensure that the QuickBooks desktop is correctly installed and registered properly.
- RAM storage must be 512 MB or higher
How to Download the QuickBooks Desktop Conversion Tool?
- Downloading the QuickBooks Conversion Tool is the first step you must take.
- Open the folder containing the downloaded file by searching for it.
- Click the QuickBooks conversion tool icon with the right mouse button, then choose properties.
- You must tick the box next to “Run this program compatible for” and then choose the current window operating system from the dropdown menu under “Compatibility Mode.”
- Then you must select the “OK” tab.
- Finally, right-click QuickBooks ConversionToolSetup.exe and select Start as Administrator.
steps to use the Quickbooks conversion tool?
- You should initially double-click the conversion tool to launch it.
- Then, choose My Client Company or My Own Company from the two options that are displayed on the screen.
- Choose the accounting program.
- Select next, then choose the company file, then press next once again.
- The next step is to choose the QuickBooks product, go to the folder where you saved the company file, and then click the next button.
- Select the conversion levels from the list that appears on the screen, and then click the next button.
- The next step is to choose your accounting choices according to the date and firm name, and then click the next button.
- The last step is to check again the information. Then, click start. When the process is finished, click the finish tab.
This leads us to the article’s conclusion, where we anticipate that the knowledge offered in the information above will be useful while using the QuickBooks desktop conversion tool.
Read more pages