If you have an OLK14 message file and want to open it, then in this article we will explain what OLK14 is and a method to open OLK14 messages on Mac.
OLK14 files are data files where you can store the headers of your emails, and the content of the emails is stored in a separate OLK14MSGSOURCE. These files are created when you download your emails in Outlook, and the files are stored in the subdirectories of (user)/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Messages/. The file can be used in the Mac Outlook program to open and view your files.
Now, OLK14 files are easy to import as you can directly open them in Mac Outlook. However, if you don’t have the program or you want to open another email client like Thunderbird or Apple Mail, then how can you do it? There is a method for this, so read the next section of the article carefully.
Why You Want to Export OLK14 in Another Program
When you do not have Mac Outlook to program, then you need a way to import OLk14 Files data. Also, problems like not being able to import OLK14 files in the program, wanting to save your files in other software, issues like file corruption, etc. are the cause of exporting your files. So, now we discuss the methods to open your files.
Methods to Open OLK14 Messages on Mac
If you want, you can just double-click your file, and it will open in Mac Outlook. With this, you can easily read the information in your file. But, as we explained before, to export OLK14 file data to another program like Thunderbird or Apple Mail, you need to first change the file format. Which is changed into the EML MBOX file format. For this, there are various automated files that are very easy to work with. Therefore, there are two ways to import the files.
- Direct option: click your OLK14 files, and it will open in the program.
- Indirect option: export the files to other email programs using the tool.
Open OLK14 Messages on Mac Directly
This is a free method to import your files, as you can just go to the location where your files are by following this path: <username>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Messages/OM/OB/OT.
- Go to the location of your files and find them.
- Select your files and double-click them. You can also right-click the file.
- Click on the Mac Outlook program, and you will get your files in the program. If you have another file, repeat these same steps.
Limitations of the Direct Method
This option will definitely allow you to open your files free of charge, and you can easily import them. However, there are some cases where you have a problem using the method, which is.
- If you don’t have the program installed on your device,.
- Your file is corrupted and cannot be accessed in Mac Outlook.
- If you have multiple files, then it will take time to import individual files into the program.
Therefore, the direct way is not a perfect solution to import OLK14 files. However, the next method is indirect, but it doesn’t have as many drawbacks as this method.
Indirect Way to Open OLK14 Messages on Mac
Saving your data in another program like Apple Mail or Thunderbird is a great way to not only import them, but it also helps you to save your data for any issues. That’s why, in order to move the files to the program, you have to first convert them into the file they use; you cannot import OLK14 files into the program. If you have any programs on your device, then an EML file will be used. There are many software on the market that provide services to convert your OLK files.
But here, we use SysTools software to convert OLK files on Mac. This tool can easily export OLK14 file data to other programs by converting them to different file formats like EML, MBOX, PST, PDF, etc. It has a user-friendly interface that any user can easily work with. Furthermore, the tool provides many features as well.
Features of Software
- You can use this tool to convert bulk OLK files very easily.
- There is a scan option to scan your corrupt files before exporting them.
- It has many preview modes, like HEX, HTML, MIME, RTF, etc.
- You can name your files by using the Naming Convention option.
- Has a date filter option where you can export selected emails.
Steps to Import OLK14 File Data
- Download and launch the software.
- Click on the Add File option, and if you have a single file, then click on File or Folder for multiple files.
- Browse the location of your files where they are stored, and click on Advance scan to scan the file if it is corrupted. Press the Add option.
- The tool loads your files and is shown on the left side of the screen. Click on the OLK file to start the process.
- Preview your files and click on the Export option to convert all the files.
- Select EML files and then Advance Settings. Click on Name Convention to name your files, and set a date filter to export your selected emails. Press the Save button.
- After that, set the location of your resulting files where you want them by clicking the Browse button and then the Export option.
Importing the OLK14 files is not difficult if you use the correct software. So, in this article, we discussed what OLK14 message files are and the methods to open OLK14 messages on Mac. If this file is used in Mac Outlook, then you can directly import the files. But this method has some issues. So, the indirect way is better, as you cannot only open the files but also save the data in another program where you can easily access and protect the data. Here, you convert the files to export the programs and view the files.