Meftal spas is a prescription medicine. It is used to relieve the symptoms of menstrual cramps and pain. It is an abdominal pain reliever that can reduce spasms and intestinal muscle pain.
This is the best to take this medicine with food; this will avoid any stomach upset due to the drug. Meftal spas Tablet dosage and dose may vary, depending on the illness for which it has been prescribed. Never stop the medication until asked by your doctor to do so.
Meftal spas uses
- Menstrual Cramps and Pain- it is a combination medicine that contains dicyclomine and mefenamic acid. It is used for the treatment of cramps and pain. Spasms are sudden muscle contractions caused by the release of chemical messengers. Meftal spas tablets work by blocking these chemical messengers as they cause pain and inflammation. Meftal spas do not affect the bleeding phase.
- Colic or flank pain is experienced during renal stone development.
- Treatment of mild-moderate pain
How does meftal spas work?
Meftal spas contain dicyclomine and mefenamic acid. Dicyclomine is an anticholinergic medicine that works by relaxing the muscle contractions in the stomach and intestine region, and due to the relaxation, it will reduce pain, bloating, and discomfort. The mefenamic acid is an NSAID non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that blocks the chemical messengers responsible for pain and inflammation. It is a good combination for pain relief. And is a suitable painkiller.
What are the side effects of meftal spas?
The meftal spas of meftal spas are:
- Diarrhoea-Loose watery stools
- constipation(hard to pass stools)
- Bloating( gas built up inside stomach)
- Dizziness ( feeling dizzy or faint)
What are the contraindications for the meftal spas?
The contraindications for the meftal spas are
- Known hypersensitivity towards dicyclomine, mefenamic acid, or any constituents of the meftal spas.
- Aspirin-sensitive asthma or pre-existing asthma
- Active ulcers/bleeding or chronic inflammation in the upper and lower GI tract
- Pre-existing renal disease/obstructive uropathy
- Myasthenia gravis
- Last trimester of pregnancy
Effects of meftal spas on women’s health during:
Meftal spas, when used during the pregnancy, can cause a disrupted blood supply to the foetus due to the obstruction of the foetal lung blood vessel to the heart blood vessel. Therefore, the meftal spas should not be used during the pregnancy.
The mefenamic acid in the meftal spas may pass through the breast milk. This may lead to serious side effects.
It helps by preventing the rupture of ovarian follicles.
Things to know before using meftal spas:
- Let the persons taking meftal spas be informed about staying away from the high temperatures as it may lead to decreased sweating, fever, and heat stroke.
- Meftal spas may lead to drowsiness or blurred vision. The patient should be warned not to engage in activities that require mental alertness, like driving or operating machinery.
- Take only the prescribed dose as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Meftal spas with other medicines, diseases, or food. There are a few medicines that may interact with this product, including:
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may interact with the meftal spas when taken together and increase the already existing ulcers; meftal spas may also interact with anticoagulants like warfarin and increase the bleeding time, and ACE inhibitors may interact with the Meftal spas and alter the body’s blood pressure.