Your event registration process is incredibly important because it is the first thing your attendees will be interacting with. You need to make sure that it is as streamlined as it can be since a complex and difficult-to-navigate one can make the attendees go away. You may be using a registration process that is in place, whether it is a manual process or a combination of tools and software. It’s time to change that and find more suitable solutions like mobile or web apps for events, event registration platforms, microsites, etc. Using modern and updated solutions can help make a great impression on the attendees by giving them an enhanced experience.
In this blog, we will take a look at what strategies can be implemented to make the event registration process streamlined and better.
No matter, if you are registering individuals, groups, or any other format, establishing trust with the attendees, is a big step that you need to take. If people are uneasy about the registration process, they are less likely to complete it. The most effective way to establish trust with them and ensure that they complete the process is with embedded forms. Whether you are using an event web application, registration platform, mobile app, or any other solution. The registration form should be embedded on the platform or website you are using. For example,
- Your registration form should be embedded directly into the website or platform that you are using. This will help in assuring the attendees that they are getting the right information.
- If the registration solution you are using for your attendees requires waivers, make sure that each of the attendees signs that without leaving the platform. These waivers also help streamline the check-in process on the day of the event.
Knowing that everything is in one place, you can encourage more attendees to complete their registrations and keep their trust intact. It not only assures them that their information is safe and secure but also makes the process simpler. Keep your event registration page consistent with the rest of the website branding to bring more attendees.
Provide a Personalized Experience
Streamlining the whole process of registration not only involves making it easy for the attendees to go in motion. It also helps in personalizing the whole experience for them. This means your digital waiver with content can further engage the attendees or send them custom emails. You can offer your attendees an experience that will stand out. For this, you can use the following strategy:
- Implement conditional logic into the forms to offer a smooth and logical process that is personalized to the attendees. Using this in mobile web apps or any other event registration platform can allow the participants to move automatically between the process and show them the form they need for their specific application.
- Automating the communication process over your event registration platform can trigger the applicants based on certain actions and needs. You can also set email reminders for necessary information such as session dates and times, deadlines, or payments.
- Offer discount coupons that everyone loves and show appreciation, which is a great way to get more people together. When the discount is automatically calculated into the attendee’s balance, you can even include some add-ons for the other items.
By personalizing the event registration process, it shows that you care about the attendees. This helps in building trust with them by giving them the ease and convenience.
Just as the registration forms and waivers are streamlined on your registration platform, so should the payment process. This is another way of showing trust to the attendees and enhancing their experience or registration. It will make sure that their payments are safe and secure. In order to streamline this process, look for the following features:
- Integrated payment options should be offered by the platform that you are using, an event web app, mobile app, or any other solution. This helps in assuring the attendees that their payment information is safe and secure.
- Providing attendees with payment options can help in facilitating a better and enhanced experience. You can incorporate the checkout process however you need it to be and can automatically add charges based on the attendee’s response. You can also let them choose what they want to add, select, or choose.
- To further improve their experience, you can give them an option for auto billing. Over the mobile or web app for events, attendees can set the time of registration and can set when the payment has to be made by entering the details.
- Robust reporting of the platform is necessary because it will allow you to look for the exact registration that you are looking for, and you can match the transaction. This will help in keeping the record clear in case of any issues.
Integrating a payment system can streamline the whole process. Attendees can understand what they own, what is due, and when to pay. You will also know about the upcoming payments, and with these features, you can keep the whole process much smoother and simpler.
Group registrations are something that is overlooked but can create a huge impact on the attendees and the whole process. Providing them with the benefit of group registrations over mobile web apps can help in providing the ability of multiple registrations. It can help in boosting the whole process, all you need to do is provide them with a streamlined process. This also helps them save time by entering all the details about the attendees at once and making payment. With this, you can elevate the whole experience and attendees can make seamless paperless event registration. This feature is not offered by all the platforms, so make sure you choose the one that has this if you want to increase the revenue for the event.
The event registration process is the most important part of the whole event planning. It can create a great impression on the attendees if it’s streamlined, or else it can make them lose interest. Making sure that you have opted for a suitable event registration platform or system that can help attract attendees and create an impact on the ROI is a must. You can use the above-mentioned strategies that can help you to enhance the whole process while making a great impression and giving attendees an enhanced experience.