Millions of Muslims worldwide make Umrah to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. It’s a spiritual journey that can change the lives of Muslims in remarkable ways. Keep in mind, though, that Umrah has its environmental effects.
Since so many people make the journey to Mecca and Medina each year, they produce a great deal of garbage every. Moreover, transportation and energy consumption are potential sources of pollution. However, Pilgrims can do a lot to reduce their adverse effects on the environment and live more sustainably.
Note: If you are going to perform Umrah then you have to read these guidelines before booking your Umrah Packages.
To perform Umrah responsibly, consider these suggestions:
Reduce your waste during Umrah:
If you want to have less of an effect on the environment while on Umrah, one of the best things you can do is to recycle more. Here are some tips:
- You should bring your own reusable water bottle and cutlery. This will contribute to a decrease in plastic trash.
- Try to limit the use of plastics that can only be used once. Plastic cutlery, containers, and straws all fall within this category.
- It’s best to bring your snacks and meals.
- Whenever possible, while making food purchases, aim for local and organic food.
- Be responsible with your waste disposal.
Conserve water accordingly when in holy cities:
Due to the moderate climate, water is in plentiful supply in the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. Here are some suggestions for conserving water use while on Umrah:
- Use less water in the shower.
- Before you shave or brush your teeth, please turn off the washbasin tap.
- Always try to find ways to reuse your towels.
- When completing the rite of ablution, try to conserve water as much as possible.
Use sustainable transportation during Umrah:
In both Mecca and Medina, transport is essential to air pollution. How can we use more sustainable transportation during Umrah? Look at below:
- Try to walk in holy cities, but you may use transport.
- Try to use public transit.
- Choose an electric or hybrid car to rent.
- Try to coordinate carpools with other pilgrims.
Be careful of your food consumption:
Food awareness helps pilgrims limit their environmental effects. This includes not throwing away edible food, eating at home, and eating less meat. Tourists may also find eateries that serve environmentally friendly dishes.
Educate others during your pilgrimage:
Educating fellow pilgrims on sustainable practices is one of the best ways to lessen the harm that Umrah brings to the environment. Tell your loved ones about your findings, and inspire them to make the pilgrimage as eco-friendly as possible.
- Wear friendly to the environment garments. Clothing made from organic fabrics and manufactured responsibly falls under this category.
- If you can help it, try to avoid using single-use things. Disposable batteries, cameras, and razors are all examples of this.
- It would be best to watch how much power (lights, bulbs, etc.) you use.
- Don’t throw trash on the ground; be cautious not to hurt native plants or animals.
The benefits of sustainable Umrah
Sustainable Umrah has several advantages. Some examples include:
- Reduced pollution in Mecca and Medina is a direct result of pilgrims’ efforts to recycle more, use less water, and take healthier forms of transportation.
- Waste reduction, water conservation, and eco-friendly modes of transportation can all help pilgrims save money.
- Sustainable pilgrims serve as role models for both fellow travellers and the locals.
- Allah favours those who take care of the environment.
- Sustainable Umrah practices can ease the burden of the trip. Pilgrims, for instance, will have fewer concerns if they pack lightly and carry reusable bags.
Read Also: New Umrah Dress Code for Women
In conclusion, sustainable Umrah benefits both the environment and the pilgrims. Pilgrims can help the environment, save money, decrease stress, and boost their health and spirituality by adopting sustainable practices. Following these guidelines, Pilgrims may make Umrah a more environmentally friendly experience for everyone. When we set out on the Umrah pilgrimage, we aren’t only fulfilling a religious duty but also making a promise to protect our environment. I hope this article helps you a lot