Infertility is a major issue in couples all over the world. Couples are trying their best to conceive through natural processes but fail. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) has emerged as an innovative technique to give happiness to several families. This technique has been successfully helping couples suffering from infertility issues.
India is one of the major medical tourism destinations for patients who prefer to get affordable IVF treatment. IVF cost in India is lower as compared to other Western countries. This is the major reason why patients travel to the country without giving a second thought. The country has some of the world’s best doctors and medical centers.
Apart from this, Indian regulations are favorable for couples with infertility issues, and the country has world-class technologies with advancements in health and medical research.
How In Vitro Fertilization Explained?
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a specialized procedure that can lead to pregnancy. This procedure includes the collection of mature eggs from the ovaries and fertilizing them in a lab with sperm
After that, fertilized eggs, called embryos, are placed in the uterus, where babies can develop.
This procedure can be done using the eggs and sperm of the couple or eggs and sperm from an unknown donor
Are you at the Right Age for an IVF Procedure?
The appropriate age for a woman for an IVF is between 20 to 35 years old. The likelihood of having a healthy pregnancy reduces as the age increases, even with assisted reproductive technology. Woman in their 20s and 30s have the best success rates with In Vitro Fertilization.
The highest age for IVF for women is 50 years, and for men is 55 years.
Who Are the Right Candidates for IVF?
If you suffer from the following issues:
- Endometriosis is a condition in which uterus tissues develop outside of the uterus and affect the overall function of the uterus.
- Fallopian Tubes Irregularities: When there is an obstruction in the fallopian tube, it becomes challenging for the egg to enter and fertilize.
- Irregular Ovulation: Sometimes ovulation is missing in the female partner’s body, resulting in a lack of available eggs for fertilization.
- Low Sperm Count: Sometimes, sperm production or function is unusual in the male partner’s body.
How Does IVF Procedure Help Indian Medical Tourism Growth?
India has well-established itself as one of the most preferred destinations for patients seeking medical services. IVF procedures have significantly contributed to the country’s exponential growth in medical tourism. India has evolved as a pioneer in many successful IVF treatments, which draws the attention of several aspiring patients worldwide.
As we all know, one of the major concerns of every patient coming for IVF or any other medical treatment is cost. IVF cost in India is highly affordable, which means patients can get quality treatment without burning a hole in their pocket.
Besides, most IVF centers in India also provide EMI facilities so that people can opt for this procedure without compromising their other vital expenses. People also find India a prime destination for IVF because of top-quality services, high success rates, and experienced specialists.
What are the Advanced Techniques used in IVF to Increase the Success Rate?
Some of the advanced techniques used are mentioned below:
- ICSI: Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a newer technique where a sperm is injected directly into the egg. This technique is useful when there is low sperm count or quality.
- Assisted Hatching: When the embryo is transferred to the uterus, it must break out of its zona pellucida. The pregnancy cannot occur if the embryo doesn’t hatch. That’s why assisted hatching is used to improve the hatching chances. A small incision is made into the zona pellucida, weakening the outer shell before the embryo is transferred to the uterus. This technique helps the embryo to hatch and also improves the success rate.
Some other advanced techniques used in IVF centers in India to improve the success rate are the Endometrial Receptivity Array, Testicular Sperm Aspiration, Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD), and Surrogacy.
Which are the Best Hospitals in India for IVF Procedure?
The best IVF Centers in India are mentioned below:
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- It is an NABH-accredited hospital established in 1996.
- They have a team of highly skilled Gynecologists and IVF Specialists, available round-the-clock to provide top-notch services.
- Medical professionals specialize in treating patients through multiple procedures for a successful IVF.
ART Fertility Clinics, Mumbai
- It is one of the advanced fertility clinics established in 2021.
- The clinic uses advanced ART techniques to deliver successful results.
- They also offer treatment for male infertility, including semen analysis, TESE, FNA, and Micro TESE.
Nova IVI Fertility, New Delhi
- It is one of the major centers with 28 centers across 8 countries.
- In 2015, it was awarded as the best fertility chain in India.
- The experienced team of the hospital uses advanced techniques to provide successful results.
Mediworld IVF Center, New Delhi
- It is one of the best fertility centers with higher success rates.
- It is also India’s first clinic offering integrated counseling and support services.
- They are pioneers in Egg freezing, Surrogacy, and Embryo freezing.
Apollo Fertility, Banjara Hills
- This center has been ranked number 1 in Hyderabad and South India as the best fertility hospital.
- They have helped over 25,000 couples with 6500+ IVF procedures and 7000+ IUI cycles.
- They provide services such as ICSI, IVF, IUI, Embryo & Sperm Freezing, Laser Assisted Hatching, etc.
India has a very high success rate of IVF as compared to other countries. The country has the latest techniques, highly qualified and experienced professionals, cutting-edge technologies, and top-notch infrastructure. India is offering many benefits as IVF cost in India is quite affordable. It helps couples suffering from infertility issues and provides joy to their families.