Are you installing a new roof? You should ask a few questions regarding a new roof to avoid hassles during installation.
If you are looking for a trusted roofing contractor in Westlake Village, then you should contact Jenkins Roofing.
How can I tell if I need a new roof?
Your roof needs to be replaced if it does not serve the purpose of protecting your house.
- Sometimes, you might notice discoloration of your roof shingles, and granules of the shingles are coming out and making your roof aesthetically unpleasant.
- Roofs have a certain worn-out period. They remain sturdy and functional for a certain period as every roof has a predetermined shelf-life.
So, you need to change your roof after you notice worn-out signs due to age.
- The roof starts curling when there is high moisture content inside your house or you have poor roof venting. So, you can think about replacing your roof and getting a new one in place of the old roof.
- There can be a structural issue, decking, or truss problem in your roof, which can make the roof look sagged. So, you should replace your roof when you notice these signs.
What is the average lifespan of a roof?
Average lifespan of roofing materials depends on a few factors like type of weather in your location, care and maintenance, and the way they are handled during the installation process.
What are the benefits of having a new roof?
A new roof can provide several benefits, including:
- If you repair your damaged roof then it might further starts showing various problems after some days. You might notice granules of your roof shingles in the drainage pipe as soon the roof starts to get damaged.
- Your attics will be safe from damage that happen due to water leakage. If your attic insulation remains safe, then it will help reduce the energy usage of your home up to a great extent. Thus it can lower the electricity bills by reducing the AC usage.
- A damaged roof can affect the aesthetics of your home. It can damage the attic insulation and cause germ build-up inside your attics. Germ development can cause many skin diseases and allergies thereby affecting the health of your loved ones. If you have a new roof, then it can improve the indoor air quality.
How do I choose the right roofing contractor?
- Your roofing contractor should have a license to carry out a project. This will help you avoid any legal hassles in the long run. The roofing contractor also takes care of insuring your roofing project so that you do not face any issues later.
- Your roofing contractor must be understanding and cooperative enough to understand your requirements. They should deliver services keeping your requirements in mind.
- One of the best qualities that you need to look for in your roofing contractor is experience. Your contractor must have good experience in carrying out such big projects.
What options do I have for my new roof?
- Metal roofing is a new-age roofing solution available for your home. They are made of aluminum and are very affordable.
- Asphalt roof shingles are affordable, durable, and easy to install, which makes it popular among the homeowners. Asphalt shingles can last up to 20-30 years and are hence very much durable.
- Standing seam and shingles involves a special type of installation process, which makes it very much expensive.
- Wood roofing gives an aesthetic look to your home. However, they change color over time. They are durable and can last up to 40-50 years if the climate is dry. But they need extra attention in fire-prone areas.
How Long Does a New Roof Installation Take?
A roof installation might take as little as one to three days. It can be affected by certain factors such as poor weather, availability of materials in your location, etc.
Can I install a new roof myself?
You should hire a professional roofer while installing a new roof. A professional roofing company will provide you access to the materials, necessary permits, skilled labor, and all the other required things.
They will also make sure that everyone remains safe during the work process. A professional roofer also provide insurance for your roofing project, which makes your job easy.
Remember, working at a high elevation might cause accidents, which will not happen with a professional. They use modern equipment and advanced safety measures to avoid accidents.
If you want to install a new roof, then you can contact our professional roofers to get a hassle-free service.