You can permanently deleted Outlook emails be recovered. But, before that, do you know why your data is lost? To understand that, we explain the reason behind this and the solution to doing so.
Today, millions of users use Outlook as their email client. It can also be used to manage your contacts and calendars as well. Thus, this is the most popular email program. Outlook has its own file format to store the data, which is called a PST file. From there, you can save emails and their attachments in password-protected PST files. But what should you do if your data is deleted?
Reasons for Data Deletion
There is not one reason behind this issue. There can be many, such as.
- You have accidentally deleted the data without knowing it. This is the most common cause.
- Provide a retention period to delete the file, and it is off.
- Set an advanced option stating deleted data after exiting Outlook.
So, these are the causes of your files being lost, and now you want to recover them.
Cause of Permanently Deleted Outlook Emails
When you first delete any data, whether it is emails or contacts, it goes to the trash folder or deleted item folder. From there, the data in the folder lasts for 15 days. After that, your file is permanently deleted. To check the deleted emails, go to the trash folder or deleted item folder and search your emails. If you found your data, click on the restore option. If not, then the file is permanently deleted, and you can use another way to view the files.
Methods That Can Permanently Deleted Outlook Emails Be Recovered
Backup files can help you view the lost files. This file is very important, as you can use it to restore the data. However, what if you don’t have a backup? For this, there is another way to do that, which is automated software. By using this, you can recover the files in very easy steps. Thus, you have two options.
- Get the deleted files by using a backup file.
- Use software to recover your files.
Retrieve Permanently Deleted Emails in Outlook by Backup File
This method is very simple; just follow the steps given below and recover your deleted files.
- Go to the control panel of your device.
- Search your deleted files and click on Restore My Files.
- Now we recover the files; for that, choose either Browse for Files or Browse for Folder to navigate to the location where they are stored.
These steps are for backup files, not non-backup files. Read the next method.
Automated Method that Can Permanently Delete Outlook Emails Be Recovered
Here, the method we use is a highly recommended Outlook Recovery Tool designed by SysTools. Here, you can view your retrieved emails in red, and then you can save it in the new PST file. This file is not only used for permanent loss but also for temporarily deleted files. Users can recover as many deleted files as possible. So, if you get an oversize PST file, then use the Split PST Tool to break your large file into smaller PST files, which will make it easier for you to manage the files. There are additional features that you can enjoy.
Features of Software
- If your file is corrupted, then you can use the quick and advance scan options to scan your files.
- There are various preview modes, like HEX, RTF, MIME,etc.
- You can download the files in almost all Windows versions 11, 10, 8, etc.
- During the process, the data and folder hierarchy are maintained.
- The tool is used to restore emails, contacts, calendars, and other Outlook items.
Steps to Retrieve Deleted Outlook Emails
- Download and launch the software.
- Click on the Add File option. If you have one file, then click on the Select File option and browse the file.
- If you have multiple files, then click on the Search File option. In this, you have two options: search the selected drive or search all drives. Choose any one option and browse the location of the files.
- After opening the file, either click Quick or advance scan for corruption issues. Click on the Add button.
- The software will load the files and display them in front of the screen.
- Now, click on the email option on the left side, and you will see the recovered items in red.
- Preview the data and either select Export or Export selected to recover it.
- Click on PST, and then browse the location where you want the files. Press the Export option.
Note: To save the recovered PST file from being deleted again, use the PST File Converter Tool and export it in other file formats like PDF, EML, etc.
This article helps you understand how can permanently deleted Outlook emails be recovered? And to answer that, we provide methods like backup files and professional ones. We also discuss the reason behind the permanent deletion of your files and why your data was deleted.