Aircraft Electric Motors Market Overview
The global aircraft electric motors market is soaring to new heights, driven by technological advancements, increased demand for electric and hybrid aircraft, and a growing focus on reducing carbon emissions in the aviation industry. According to a report by Expert Market Research, the global aircraft electric motors market size was valued at USD 9.44 billion in 2023 and is expected to experience a robust CAGR of 8.5% between 2024 and 2032, reaching a projected value of USD 19.68 billion by 2032.
Aircraft electric motors have become a crucial component in modern aviation, providing power for various systems and contributing to the overall efficiency and sustainability of aircraft. These motors are used in applications ranging from flight control surfaces and landing gear systems to cabin environmental control and auxiliary power units (APUs). The global shift towards electric propulsion systems and the development of urban air mobility vehicles are driving the demand for advanced electric motors in the aviation sector.
Get a Free Sample Report with Table of Contents@
The Role of Aircraft Electric Motors
Aircraft electric motors play a pivotal role in enhancing the performance and sustainability of aircraft. These motors are designed to deliver high levels of power efficiency and reliability while reducing carbon emissions and noise pollution. One of the primary benefits of electric motors in aviation is their ability to provide instant torque, resulting in quicker and more precise control of aircraft systems, especially during takeoff and landing.
Moreover, electric motors are lighter and more compact compared to traditional mechanical systems, reducing the overall weight of aircraft and contributing to improved fuel efficiency. This weight reduction is particularly crucial for electric and hybrid aircraft, where every kilogram saved translates into increased range and performance.
Key Growth Drivers
Several key factors are driving the growth of the global aircraft electric motors market:
- Technological Advancements: Ongoing advancements in electric motor technology, including the development of high-power density motors and improved battery technology, are enabling the aviation industry to explore new possibilities for electric and hybrid aircraft.
- Environmental Concerns: With the aviation industry facing increasing pressure to reduce its carbon footprint, electric motors offer a sustainable solution by minimizing greenhouse gas emissions and noise pollution.
- Electric Propulsion Systems: The growing interest in electric propulsion systems for aviation, including electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft, is creating a significant demand for advanced electric motors.
- Regulatory Support: Governments and aviation authorities worldwide are introducing regulations and incentives to promote the adoption of electric and hybrid aircraft, further fueling the market’s growth.
Read Full Report with Table of Contents@
Aircraft Electric Motors Market Segmentation
The market can be divided based on type, output power, aircraft type, application, sales channel, and region.
Market Breakup by Type
- AC Motors
- DC Motors
Market Breakup by Output Power
- Less than 10 kW
- 10 to 200 kW
- More than 200 kW
Market Breakup by Aircraft Type
- Fixed Wing
- Rotary Wing
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Advanced Air Mobility
Market Breakup by Application
- Propulsion Systems
- Flight Control Systems
- Environmental Control System
- Engine Control Systems
- Avionics Systems
- Door Actuation Systems
- Landing and Braking Systems
- Cabin Interior Systems
- Other Systems
Market Breakup by Sales Channel
Market Breakup by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The EMR report looks into the market shares, plant turnarounds, capacities, investments, and acquisitions and mergers, among other major developments, of the global aircraft electric motors companies. Some of the major key players explored in the report by Expert Market Research are as follows:
- Regal Rexnord Corporation
- Allied Motion, Inc.
- Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Moog Inc.
- Meggitt PLC.
- Woodward Inc
- Electromech Technologies
- Mgm Compro
- ARC Systems Inc.
- Integral Powertrain Limited
Challenges and Future Prospects
While the aircraft electric motors market holds immense promise, it also faces certain challenges:
- Infrastructure Development: The adoption of electric aircraft requires the development of charging and infrastructure networks at airports, which can be a time-consuming and costly endeavor.
- Battery Technology: The development of advanced and lightweight battery technology is crucial for the success of electric aviation, as it directly impacts the range and performance of electric aircraft.
- Certification and Regulation: The aviation industry must navigate complex certification processes and regulatory frameworks to ensure the safety and reliability of electric aircraft systems.
Company Name: Claight Corporation
Contact Person: George buttler, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free Number: +1-415-325-5166 | +44-702-402-5790
Address: 30 North Gould Street, Sheridan, WY 82801, USA