there were several companies and research institutions working on graphene-based battery technologies. Graphene has shown great promise in enhancing battery performance due to its excellent conductivity, high surface area, and lightweight properties. However, please note that the information may have changed since then, so it’s a good idea to do your own research for the most current developments.
Some notable companies and institutions that were involved in graphene battery research and development include:
1. **StoreDot**: StoreDot is an Israeli company that has been working on fast-charging batteries, including graphene-based technologies. They claimed to have developed a graphene-infused battery that could charge an electric vehicle in just five minutes.
2. **ZapGo**: ZapGo is a UK-based company graphene battery manufacturer that has been working on graphene supercapacitors. They aim to replace lithium-ion batteries with graphene-based supercapacitors for faster charging and longer life.
3. **Skeleton Technologies**: Skeleton Technologies, based in Estonia, is known for its ultracapacitors and graphene-based energy storage solutions.
4. **Nanotech Energy**: A US-based company that specializes in graphene-based energy storage materials, including batteries and supercapacitors.
5. **Samsung**: Samsung, a major electronics manufacturer, has also been researching and developing graphene-based battery technologies to improve the performance and lifespan of their devices.
6. **Academic and Research Institutions**: Various universities and research centers around the world have been conducting research on graphene-based batteries. These institutions often collaborate with industry partners to bring their research to practical applications.
It’s important to keep in mind that the landscape of battery technology is continually evolving, so I recommend checking the latest news and developments in the field to find the most up-to-date information on graphene battery manufacturers and their products.